save the date
We have 2 events planned this year!
- Christmas in July dance on 24th July at the Mooroondu Road Hall, Thorneside starting at 7pm
- Our Christmas dance will be held on 11th December in the Pandanus Lounge of Wynning RSL. There will be a meal and a dance with Floorburners playing all of our favourite music.
If you are interested in attending any of these events, please call Lorna 0421 772 300
Partner dancing classes have resumed again and are taught on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 7-9pm. We are all very happy to have commenced dancing in our usual venues. For any new students wishing to attend please contact me on 0421 772 300
As you may already know, we all must stay vigilant in these uncertain times with regard to Covid-19.
Redlands Latin Dance is still currently following the latest Queensland Health Directive for Business, Activity & Undertakings.
We are still allowed to operate our Dance Studio with dance lessons under instruction in our hired hall space for up to 50 people, if we have a Covid Safe Plan in place. Classes in the Redlands Ssporting Club will allow a maximum of 30 people on the dance floor.
I am an associate member of Ausdance Qld and therefore have adopted their Industry Covid Safe Plan for all dance schools.
PARTNER DANCING CLASSES HAVE RESUMED.
We are currently teaching on Tuesdays at the Mooroondu Hall, Thorneside, 7pm start- International Waltz & Zouk Lambada. We are looking forward to teaching International Waltz again this year. This style is closed hold with no open moves. Zouk Lambada is another favourite dance and looks lovely on the dance floor. We have managed to find a few popular songs to dance Zouk when we are social dancing.
Please remember to bring your own chair, towel and drink due to COVID restrictions, hand sanitizers will be supplied.
Looking forward to seeing you all in class.
Lorna, Paul, Bill + Anne
qld government regulations
Protocols and guidelines
I am so pleased to let you know that we can still have CONTACT PARTNER DANCE INSTRUCTION.
The dance classes will be open to all whether you are from the same household or not and there will be some guidelines for us to follow.
It’s the intention of Redlands Latin Dance to operate under the Qld Governments COVID-19 Safe Check List and have signed a Statement of Compliance.
To all my dancers and to others intending to come to our classes please see below for the basic guidelines for attendance :-
QLD GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS FOR COVID-19
– Patrons should not enter the venue, if they:-
– Have been in close contact with a known case of COVID-19.
– Have travelled overseas in the previous 14 days.
– Have been to a declared COVID-19 hotspot in the previous 14 days. A list of declared COVID-19 hotspots can be accessed at www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19current-status/hotspots-covid-19.
– Any person with signs or symptoms of COVID-19 are to be refused entry.
– On entry participants or guests should be queried if they have experienced symptoms of COVID (this may be achieved through individual or group interaction).
– The general requirement to maintain social distancing of 1.5m is still in place, while participants are on the dance floor and engaged in the activity, this is no longer a requirement. Social distancing is still recommended at all other times.
REDLANDS LATIN DANCE PROTOCOL & GUIDELINES
– Be clean and careful.
– If you are feeling unwell please don’t attend the studio for a lesson.
– Keep your distance where possible.
– Be cautious with contact and proximity.
– No shared equipment, where possible participants bring their own.
– Appropriate hygiene practices including hand sanitization (supplied by RLD).